Wednesday 20 April 2016

Quick Catch-up

Of Creatures

Manta Ray/Bat Creature
  • Paused
  • Need to rework the pose again as the perspective is still off
  • Has a paper model (used for previous poses)
  • On hold till a fitting pose has been found
Ostracod/Bull
  • Paused
  • Research is being done - figuring out patterns of bioluminescence on ostracods and abyssopelagic fish to make it most effective on the end creature
Werewolf
  • Requires finalising and adding to the blog


Other

  • I've been reading an encyclopaedia of mythical creatures and am marking ones I find interesting, in order to possibly sketch and draw them later
  • Looked at OpenToonz; with enough motivation and decent tutorials, I might be able to utilise this animation software for a creature's walk cycle
  • I hope to complete three skillshare courses once my current three creatures are finished
  • I've been doing a lot of traditional sketches and silhouettes again, I've found that a red brushpen and fineliner have an excellent effect when paired together, and I have a few creature ideas developing from it. I'll post those when I have a few more pages done

No comments:

Post a Comment