Friday 2 October 2015

Initial Concept (Presentation)

On Wednesday we shared with the group our base skills, interests, initial concept for a topic and some suggested areas of research we would look into. It was a useful practice and the feedback given was interesting (talking about creature designs being created based on the world first, not a world built around their design). My power-point presentation is shown below (the images on slides 1-3, 6 and 8 are mine, the others are from various sources).






My idea, as suggested in the power-point, is to explore why some creature designs are effective and what makes them effective, specifically more effective and long-lasting than others; for instance, werewolves are a popular monster in media despite originating from millennia ago, whilst other creatures have flagged and fallen out of typical public knowledge. It took a while to come to (originally I was interested in composition and how to best lay out a scene), but after a brief session of spider-mapping (where I combined my interests and weaknesses in drawing), it seemed like a more solid, tailored idea than its predecessor, and I think I will be able to take it further (or find a much more interesting offshoot).

No comments:

Post a Comment